Kim and Park want the same money as the stars.
So the supporting cast think they deserve as much as the star? They should be grateful they aren’t living in the real world and making not nearly what they are for just standing in front of a camera and reciting lines someone else wrote. Now that is a tough job. Oh, yeah they are there sometimes 16 hours a day, yeah in their trailer eating food the show provides. Every job I ever worked everyone didn’t make the same money. These people need a reality check. Equality, come on.
Not the same as the original, not even close.
McGarrett was bad. He ALWAYS got his man, men or woman. As one character said “I’d hate to get a parking ticket here.”
I use to watch the original Hawaii Five-0. This is a pale comparison but for those that don’t know the original this is cool. These guys in the new version are trying to be Starsky and Hutch in Hawaii. Trying to get the younger viewers I suppose.
Here are some issues I had with this version which I don’t watch any more:
1. I can’t stand Scott Caan. I am sick of this twerp wearing his tie undone and his sleeves rolled up and then says he is trying to look professional? WTF. How many people in real life show up for work like this? Not cops.
2. In the same vein McGarrett asks him why he is wearing that tie. McGarrett tells him when it gets to be 100 degrees he will be sorry. Apparently the writers didn’t do any research. As far as I know it never gets or has gotten near 100 degrees EVER. In fact it rarely gets to 90 degrees or even 85, hello. I have been there numerous times over the years. In the original they ALL wore suits and ties unlike today’s Danny Williams/Scott Caan.
3. Can’t stand all the family crap, uncles, aunts, grandmas, ex-wives and children. This is a crime drama not Family Ties that solves crimes. The best show on TV is NCIS. It was three seasons before you found out Gibbs had a wife and child and then they are OCCASIONALLY mentioned over the years.
4. In this article it says Daniel Dae Kim’s character goes to start San Francisco 50. HELLO. It is Hawaii Five-0 because Hawaii was the 50th state. This is why Hollywood continues to make sequels and remakes because they don’t know what the hell they are doing and have no imagination. They apparently don’t do any research either. Apparently a bunch of college kids are the writers that drank their way through college.
5. Danny’s daughter calls him Dano because she couldn’t say Danny or so the story goes thus eliminating one of the great TV lines ever. “Book ’em Dano.” Why the hell would she be calling her father Danny or Dano? Not daddy, da da, pops etc. Dano? Come on.
6. Grace Park can’t weigh more than 80 pounds and yet she is fighting and throwing men around. Come on that is BS. She might not even weigh 80 pounds.
7. Why are they using Danny’s car for work and McGarrett drives it?
Comes to you from ihatebullshit.com.